Welcome to Wickham Tractor Company! We are a family-owned, multi-location ag dealership. Our goal is to be the premier dealer of choice in the Farming, Commercial Agriculture, Light Industrial, Powersports and Lifestyle Equipment User industries. Selling and servicing Case IH, Kubota, Great Plains, Krone, and more, we are committed to providing an excellent experience for our customers to help build and retain them as lifelong members of the WTC family.
We re hiring for a Service Technician with an emphasis in Hay Equipment at our Greeley, Colorado location. You will be performing repairs on agricultural equipment with a focus on balers, swathers and heads. Our ideal candidate has farm equipment experience and strong diagnostic experience. We are open to mechanic candidates with relatable experience in construction, military or heavy equipment backgrounds.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits package and performance-based incentives.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Accurately diagnose machine systems, with minimal supervision.
- Perform diagnostic skills and plan effective and efficient repairs of machinery, with some assistance.
- Access and effectively use resources such as Dealer Portal, DIS and Asist to assist in diagnosing and repairing machinery.
- Assist in the parts needed to complete job assignments.
- Accurately complete all reports and documentation required for processing work orders.
- Maintain and properly care for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area consistent with professional image.
- Accommodate seasonal scheduling requirements, including overtime and field work.
- Ability to handle ongoing interruptions while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in all aspects of business, including communications with customers, employees, management, and vendors.
- Timely submission of completed paperwork to include well written descriptions of work completed so the customer has complete understanding of work performed and/or warranty can be easily submitted.
- Complete all duties in a manner consistent with established safety policies and procedures, assist others in observing safety, and set an above-standard safety example.
- Complete all duties in a manner consistent with Wickham Tractor's mission, vision, value, and philosophy.
- Maintain professional courtesy toward fellow employees and customers.
- Follow all company standards based on the employee, drug & alcohol and safety handbooks.
Work Environment & Physical Abilities:
- Required to perform work inside and outside, in all-weather situations (some field work required), and at the shop division location.
- Requires frequent sitting, standing, balancing, bending, or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, fine manipulation, and the ability to reach with hands and arms and lift up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to operate simple to complex and heavy-duty machinery.
- Ensure safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Accountable for all dealership owned tools.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Diesel Engine Technology Certifications/Education preferred.
- Candidate must be a motivated individual who can work independently.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
In accordance with Wickham Tractor Company policies, this position does require the successful candidate to undergo a motor vehicle insurability screening.